HearInAfrica is an independent centre of audiology excellence which provides:
- Audiology screening and diagnostic services for adults and children
- Hearing aid fittings, re-programming, repairs and maintenance
- Consulting and project management services for hearing healthcare projects
- Training and observation opportunities for school and university students, NGO volunteers and project workers
- Tele-audiology facilities
HearInAfrica was founded by Shannon O’Leary (neé Kruyt), a South African audiologist and speech/language pathologist. Having worked in a diverse range of private and public healthcare environments across South Africa, Lesotho, Zambia, Malawi and the United Kingdom, HearInAfrica developed from Shannon’s love for community-based audiology and her desire to address the urgent and growing crisis of hearing loss in Africa.
Shannon is a proud member of the Coalition for Global Hearing Health and serves on their Global Standards committee. She is a registered member of the Health Professions Council of South Africa as well as the South African Association of Audiologists.