HearInAfrica is an independent centre of audiology excellence that aims to assist in reducing the global burden of hearing loss, with a specific focus on the African continent. We strive to achieve this aim by improving the quality of, access to, and sustainability of, audiology services in Africa.
HearInAfrica is committed to:
- Providing first-class, evidence-based and ethical audiology services, support and guidance to individuals and organisations involved in providing hearing healthcare services within the private and public healthcare sectors.
- Promoting the profession of audiology to potential students in Africa.
- Providing opportunities for scholars and students to observe private practice audiology services and engage with experienced South African audiologists.
- Assisting with the screening, preparation and training of NGO volunteers and project workers.
- Serving as an interface for collaboration between key stakeholders and relevant healthcare professionals, academic institutions and organisations involved in reducing the global burden of hearing loss.
- Increasing public awareness of the global burden of hearing loss, with a specific focus on the situation in Africa.
- Advocating for the implementation of global best practice guidelines and minimum standards for humanitarian hearing healthcare projects.
- Collaborating with academic institutions to increase the amount of research conducted and published on audiology services in Africa.