HearInAfrica is an independent centre of audiology excellence which aims to assist in reducing the global burden of hearing loss, with a specific focus on the situation in Africa. We strive to achieve this aim by improving the quality of, access to, and sustainability of, audiology services in Africa.
HearInAfrica is committed to:
- Providing first class, evidence-based and ethical audiology services, support and guidance to individuals and organisations involved in providing hearing healthcare services within the private and public healthcare sectors.
- Promoting the profession of audiology to potential students in Africa.
- Providing opportunities for scholars and students to observe private practice audiology services and engage with experienced South African audiologists.
- Assisting with the screening, preparation and training of NGO volunteers and project workers.
- Serving as an interface for collaboration between key stakeholders and relevant healthcare professionals, academic institutions and organisations involved in reducing the global burden of hearing loss.
- Increasing public awareness of the global burden of hearing loss, with a specific focus on the situation in Africa.
- Advocating for the implementation of global best practice guidelines and minimum standards for humanitarian hearing healthcare projects.
- Collaborating with academic institutions to increase the amount of research conducted and published on audiology services in Africa.